Monday, August 04, 2008

Pinwheel



Last year, I mentioned that I was making a charm quilt, and Michelle said she would like to see it. Um, last year. So you can see I got right on that. I did think about taking some photos every once in a while, especially when I saw Michelle's and other people's lovely quilts. The good thing is that I do get around to things eventually. So, you know, don't hold your breath but sooner or later I will make good.

In this pinwheel quilt every scrap is different! Unfortunately, I didn't have a giant stash of fabric when I started this, and it was still pretty small when I decided to make it queen size instead of twin. Plus I lost the directions, so I am winging it. (I do have a nice template still.)

Anyway, Michelle had offered her scraps. I'll be happy to trade 5" squares of navy fabric for whatever 5" squares I have here that you need. Let me know.

5 comments:

stitcherw said...

Fun quilt squares. I haven't done much quilting, but love looking at what others do. Sorry you were having such frustration in your previous post. Some projects just seem to be jinxed when it comes to the measuring and finishing and such. Hopefully your next piece will go smoother. Dinner at Chipotle sounded like an excellent idea after all that aggrevation.
Sue

Sharon said...

I think what you have there looks pretty darn good! I think you can wing it;)

Anonymous said...

These squares look really great - clever you!

Aussie Stitcher said...

They look wonderful.

Michelle said...

Gee, that offer was only good for 11 months. Ha! Yes, I will look and see what I have (surely there is some navy fabric sneaking around my house somewhere). Don't hold your breath though either, I am still trying to dig myself out from under vacation mail.