Friday, February 23, 2007
For some reason, when I uploaded these photos (all at once), blogger read them as one, so I can't move them about as I had planned.
The two photos of Sampler in the Tall Flowers shows the progress I made after twelve hours in the car--not stitching the whole time. The fabric is totally washed out, but the floss shows it's true colors. How weird is that? This one is just so happy!
The cards are from Tuesday's session with our stamping friends. From the left, is a sympathy card that used versamark ink with chalks, you probably can't tell the green cardstock is watermarked and there is a burgundy ribbon. It's very subdued. The big flower card is ultra-simple with no interesting techniques, but it shows what you can achieve with few materials. (Simple Scrapbooks is my favorite, so you can see why I'd love this card! However, I thought of it on my own--I made a very similar one last summer, with a slightly smaller big flower stamp but outlined with "marker stitches.") The pig is popped off the background, but you can't tell from this picture. And I did a lousy job with the rollerstamp. I hate using those things.