Tuesday, December 12, 2006

UFO: Tree of Life Window

I'm continuing with the marquoir abc ancien, and I wish I had some good photos for you. I'm home sick from work today, have the stomach bug that's making the rounds. I feel like crap. We know this to be true because I haven't taken a stitch today. But by tonight, I will be finished with partie 1 of the giant marquoir. I only have a few days before partie 4 is released. I feel like I'm catching up, even though I am destined to be behind...

Oh, and check it out, I put up a photo of the latest wreath.

Ah, yet another UFO. (Glad I'm entertaining you, Cheryl!) This Heartland House Designs features Frank Lloyd Wright's Tree of Life Window. This is yet another piece started in the mid-90s, when I was studying for quals. This was started as a wedding present for some friends. It was good and masculine, and it was pea green. (A friend read "The Owl and the Pussycat" at the wedding.) But then they didn't even invite me! I didn't have to give them anything, so I stuck it in a box. I didn't even remember it until I came across it in the great sorthing of the craft room.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love this! I'd have stuck it in in deep dark closet for not having been invited too! Love seeing all your UFOs. Your marquoir is coming along splendidly. Congrats on getting off the crutches too!