Friday, November 17, 2006

Pardonnez, mes amies francais

Last year at Hershey, I saw the cutest sheep pattern. The daughter of the shop owner was working in the booth, and as charming as she was all she knew about the pattern was, "it's French." So I sort of put it out of my mind, because really, do I not have enough patterns? This month, I was flipping through the online stitching magazine, The Gift of Stitching, and there was the pattern! In an article about cartonnage (making cardboard boxes). I wrote a note to the editor, but she doesn't speak French, so she can't help me. That's sort of a lame response, but I won't go there. She suggested I go on their forum. And, I should, but I am so adverse to fora.

The picture features three fat sheep, grey, black, and white (l-r) under the letters "ABC" and above the lowercase alphabet. Je voudrais le modele!

If you have a hint of who the designer is, please let me know!

Merci beaucoup.

Oh, and Lee asked how I found yesterday's link. I was reading someone's blog and decided to click on a blog I didn't normally read, then another, and then I found myself at the website. It's like synchronicity.

4 comments:

Glenna said...

Have you tried google.fr? Then as a search term(s) maybe "abcdaire" or "brodeur" and whatever the word is for sheep? (Is it mouton? My poor little pea brain doesn't remember).

Anna van Schurman said...

Found a picture, Glenna. (Yes, mouton.)

Please help with these sheep.

Leah said...

It looks as though it is Jacob's Sampler by Cedar Hill Designs.

Anonymous said...

yess, Leah give you the name!! you can see this 3 sheeps on my blog, here http://2miaou.over-blog.com/article-4404846.html

you can stitch It in one afternoon, that's "a week end project"