Sunday, November 12, 2006

Ornamental


The inlaw ornaments are done! And to my satisfaction. I finally learned how to blind stitch like I had eyesight and how to attach trim so you couldn't see it! I probably started with the wrong ornament (the tree on the right). The store-bought trim (nearly an exact match to the trim in the magazine) had a preattached tassle. Made it hard to get it lined up properly. Finishing these ornaments took way longer than I thought it would but in the end, I come away with new skillz.

Now I have the ability to finish a huge bag of ornaments that are sewn and stuffed but need trim! If I could find time to attach that trim, my tree would really be something this year...

9 comments:

Mia said...

Anna, the ornaments are beautiful. I love them all.

Lee said...

Awesome! They look great!

Concetta said...

Your ornaments are beautiful, Anna! Lucky inlaws!

Leah said...

Those look great, Anna. So what's your secret to attaching trim??? I made my own cording last night and tried to "whipstitch" it to an ornament. It was an unmitigated disaster.

Rosemary said...

*shifts uncomfortably as she thinks about her unfinished ornaments*

Gorgeous! I love those tree ones!

cathymk said...

You did a fantastic job! I love I saw three ships - it's on my to stitch list.

Cheryl in DC said...

Congratulations. They look fabulous.

Lelia said...

GROAN. I'm so jealous of you. Honestly, I am green. Grinch Green. I just started stitching some ornaments for my family.

I could kick myself for not doing this in JULY :D

Your ornaments are awesome. They look great. The stitching & finishing are marvelous.

Melissa said...

Your ornaments look great! I stitched the one on the right last year for a friend and never got around to ornamentifying it. Hope to do that this weekend but I can't imagine mine looking half as nice as yours. I also have been wanting to stitch "I saw three ships". After seeing yours I might start it this weekend.