Tuesday, October 24, 2006

In a Handbasket

So Saturday I get home from the hairdresser and I'm feeling really queasy. No idea why. I lazed about on the couch, even had to cancel dinner with Sissy, which I hate to do 'cause she's a peach and a pip. Right after I hung up with her, I finally puked. Nothing to do with her of course.

Sunday, I felt pretty punk, and didn't manage to pick myself up from the couch until my niece called to see if I wanted to go to the pumpkin patch with her. Of course I did! But I wasn't sure if I felt up to it. I experimented by taking a shower, and that went well enough that we drove out to podunk to ride in a bumpity, smelly tractor out to the unnaturally arranged pumpkin patch. (Usually you can pick your own, but the bad pumpkin crop this year meant they had to be shipped into the field.) It took this photo.

Grey Sweatshirt and Pink Shoes are my nieces. Blue Sweatshirt is the neighbor girl.

I set my sights on finishing the presents this week. Yesterday, I went home from work, had to go out to dinner because there was bupkis at home, came home, and fell asleep on the couch at 8:45. Way to get on the projects! I'm thinking the presents might go airmail this year...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! I hope you're feeling better soon. Do you think you caught something of the trans-continental variety?

Melissa said...

Good luck with the ornament stitching! Hope you're feeling better. The pumpkin patch looks like fun, our home pumpkin patch and watermelon patch did not survive the drought. We're left to the mercy of a local church's pumpkin sale. They do a good job and manage to make their front lawn look like a big pumpkin patch.

mainely stitching said...

Whew, I hope you're feeling much better!

The pumpkin patch sounds fun, fake arrangements and all. :)