Thursday, August 24, 2006

Baby it's Better Down where it's Wetter

I haven't been stitching a lot. We're trying to get the house painted so that we can take up the carpeting. (Blessed blessed hardwood, so much better for an allergic girl. And no vacuuming!) We painted the study with a suede paint that took three days instead of two (we ran out of paint). I've been coming home from work and painting, painting. Tonight, I have to start prep for our biggest paint project yet: the halls and the living room. Wish us luck.

Here's an update on Teresa Layman's, A Fish Tale.

I kind of lost track of how long I worked on this. I had a procedure in the hospital, really minor thing, I got to watch it all on tv, except where I fell asleep... While I was waiting for my turn at the scope, I was making French knots. Anyway, those drugs fuck you up, and I have no idea how long I worked on it. (I only worked on it before I got the drugs, but they made me hazy about my whole day.) I'm going to call it 10 hours. It's near enough.

I already told you how much my mother wants this. And the nurses think I should give it to her!

5 comments:

Leah said...

Is that made entirely of french knots?!?

Anna van Schurman said...

Yes, entirely of French knots. Easy-peasy.

Michelle said...

She looks beautiful! I love this piece. Hope you recover easily from your procedure. Good luck with the painting!

Leah said...

Wow, that's awesome! I have not had any success with French knots. I usually use beads as a substitute.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better.

I don't do french knots, I do colonials - much nicer shape!!

But she looks terrific!! (No - keep her!!)