Thursday, March 23, 2006

SBQ: It's a Mystery!

Have you ever participated in a needlework mystery (i.e., a design that you started before knowing how it will look in the end and by which you receive parts of the design via the internet, magazines, or leaflets at spaced intervals)? If so, why did you decide to do the mystery? What appealed to you about it? Did you enjoy it? If you have not done a mystery, would you ever do one? I have never participated in a mystery. I don't think I would. What if I did all that work and I thought it was awful? That would be such a waste. The mysteries I've seen people do so far are a little too much for me--so sparkly and elaborate. I like to know what I'm getting myself into, and I have to know I'm going to like the design.

I have, however, participated in a challege--where everyone gets the same pattern, but chooses their own fabric, threads, and purpose. That's fun because the same pattern can turn out so many different ways.

No comments: