Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas

1.What is your favorite Christmas carol/song? I love to sing "Silver Bells" to myself when I'm in the bustle of the city.
2.White lights or multicolored? White.
3. Do you have a cut tree, live tree or an artificial tree? Usually, artificial since we travel for Christmas. This year, nuthin' on accounta we just moved in.
4. Eggnog, mulled cider, or hot chocolate? One quart of eggnog per year. Then it's hot chocolate, homemade.
5. Do you decorate your house with lights?No.
6. Do you write a Christmas letter? Yes, but it's a good read.
7. Do you like receiving Christmas letters/photos? My mother's cousin's wife writes the most (unintentionally) hilarious letter every year. So, yes. I'm not too keen on pictures, though.
8. What is your favorite Christmas story/movie? White Christmas, my sister and I love singing along to "Sisters." Of the animated features, it's definitely Year without a Santa Claus; gotta love the Miser Brothers.
9. Have you ever made a gingerbread house? No.
10. Poinsettias or holly? Poinsettias.
11. Do you display a nativity scene? No, my Christmas is about Santa Claus.
12. Do you bake Christmas cookies? No.
13. Ham or turkey? Lobster stew.
14. In what languages can you wish someone a Merry Christmas (without cheating)? English, French, Spanish, Swedish.
15. Do you know all the words to Jingle Bells? I believe I do.
16. Do you put presents under the tree? Yes, the ones that fit.
17. How do you eat a candy cane? I like to melt it into a hot drink.
18. What is your biggest holidays pet peeve? People bellyaching in line at the Post Office. Did you forget it was the same shit last year or what? It makes the line go so much faster and and it's a real holiday treat for the rest of us.
19. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Waking everyone in the house up at the crack of dawn on Christmas day. Yes, I'm in touch with my inner child!
20. What was the best present you ever got for Christmas? The best present is the one I get every year, time to spend with my extended family.

Joyeux Noel Merry Christmas Feliz Navidad Gott Jul

No comments: