Wednesday, November 30, 2005

November Wrap-up

We are getting to that desperate time of year when all I can see is what I have not done. Appropriate, then, that I should continue to mark my progress. We shouldn't spend all of our time focused on the negative. So, here it is, the positive:

* finish Sissy's poncho
finished 11/23
* work on Dude's sweater
began collecting needles...
* start a laptop bag for Sissy

started 11/12; I've finished the front and started the back. When I work on it, it goes very quickly...
* make Christmas cards (about 100)
I have ideas, but I'd better get my ass in gear because my time is about to become severely limited.
* make stamped stationery for mom, 2 grandmas, aunt, and cousin

aunt's stationery, complete 11/13
gramma's stationery, complete 11/13
cousin's stationery, complete 11/19
grandmother's stationery, complete
11/30
Mom's stationery, complete 11/30
* buy house
We close on December 8!

I also finished La-D-Da "A-Z and In Between" and Forget-Me-Knots in Stitches "Pins and Needles" scissor rest; I'm nearly there on the needlebook. I knit a scarf for a family friend who left hers in a cab whilst she was visiting Philadelphia. I should mail that to her. I also whipped up a scarf out of peacock boa to match my chocolate brown trenchcoat, and then, of course, the weather warmed. Not bad, all in all.

2 comments:

mainely stitching said...

You are going to MAKE 100 Christmas cards? Holy smokes, I feel like I'm doing great when I manage to write a personal note in the 60 or so we send out. I can't imagine making them too!

Anonymous said...

Anna - when you get inspired about the cards, let us know. I have all the stuff to make my 100, but can't find the enthusiasm to make them. I include a standard letter in mine rather than writing an extensive personal note (which I haven't written yet either). Thanks.