Wednesday, September 21, 2005

SBQ: I Love a Challenge

What is the most challenging specialty stitch you have ever stitched?
I would have to say coral knots. Not the ones that are done on the surface of a piece, it's a stitch done on one of the threads (warp? weft?) after you've cut some out. In English, that would be drawn thread. It looks like this. Now that I see that diagram, I can't figure for the life of me what I thought was so hard about it. I learned it in a class with Sue Stokes of the Nutmeg Needle. I haven't finished the project--a pair of Deco tulips surrounding a drawn thread sampler--mostly because I thought those knots were so hard. I may just have to pull it out. I'd have to say a lot of drawn thread stitches get me, though. I can't do a lovely dove's eye to save my life. If the pattern has four, I'll have one nice, two decent and one that's all wonky.

And lately, my Palestrina knots stink!

No comments: