Monday, May 23, 2005

Tagged, The Book Meme

1. Total number of books I've owned: ever? It would have to be 2000. At least, although we’re down to a much more manageable number that fit in about 20 boxes.

2. Last book I bought. The History of Love, Nicole Krauss

3. The last book I read. The Full Cupboard of Life, Alexander McCall Smith. Finished it last night.

4. Five books that mean a lot to me. I'm going to regret not thinking about this more, but here goes...


  • For Whom the Bell Tolls, Ernest Hemingway. This was the book I was reading in high school when I “got” studying English.
  • Foxfire: Confessions of a Girl Gang, Joyce Carol Oates. I love girl power.
  • Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen. Because “It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife” has to be the best sentence in the English language. Truly ironic, and it tells you how to read the rest of the story. Oh yeah, and without this book, we wouldn’t know how hot Colin Firth was in wet 18th Century garb.
  • Bee Season, Myla Goldberg. Because crazy never looked so beautiful.
  • Bone People, Keri Hulme. Because love was never so heartbreaking and the real seamy underside of life, never so beautifully acknowledged. And it proved that Mike Reynolds and I were the sickest people in our reading group.

5. Which five people would you most like to see fill this out in their blog?
amy!, Michele, Candice, Laura, Sarra

No comments: