Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I've been scrapbooking anyway

I suppose the question of whether to post progress on a friend's gift is a bit moot. I've been scrapbooking. I know I mentioned last November making a scrapbook for my uncle, the fisherman. Well, calling him a fisherman is a bit like calling Lance Armstrong a cyclist. Okay that's a bit of an exaggeration, but only just. My uncle has won the Winni Derby (2000) and finished second a couple of years ago. The Winni Derby takes place sometime after ice out at Lake Winnipesaukee (try spelling that five times fast) in New Hampshire. About 3,000 people from all over the U.S.--and indeed foreign countries--come to compete. At any rate, my aunt had collected lots of clippings about this and they were just shoved into an envelope. Now they are de-acidified and most are in a new scrapbook. I'm still working on it. I'm making a separate book for his fishing trips that aren't part of the derby. I found some great paper with jumping fish on sale at AC Moore. I paid about $1 for 25 or so pages. This was my feat of last week. This week's feat is going to a job fair tomorrow. Wish me luck.

No comments: