Thursday, November 04, 2004

It's Gonna Be a Bright, Bright Sunshine-y Day

Okay, yesterday things were dark. It wasn't just the election. Or the hives. Or the sucky job that I managed to screw up royally. Or the fact the Dude didn't want me to take the 15 week job. It was all of it together and more.

First I read about Arlen Specter. Now, I've never thought of him as a big women's rights advocate. But here he is, standing up to the new president.

Then I read about these lesbians in Oklahoma. Ordinary fucking people living extraodinary lives. Heroes for a new day.

Yesterday, when a group marched through campus singing "This Little Light of Mine," I thought, "What fresh hell is this?" It sounded distinctly like gloating by the Religious Wrong. Today, they sound like civil rights activists gearing us up for the second round. And today, I'm ready for it.

No comments: