Monday, August 16, 2004

Stitching Bloggers QOTW

If you were to stitch something to be passed on to future generations of your family as an heirloom, what would it be and why?
Each of my stitched pieces is an heirloom. Who's throwing it out? Even when my grandmother (that bitch) decided she didn't have room for some of my stitching, she gave it to my aunt.


And because I was out of town last week:
What would your stitching confession be?
I never take out mistakes if I don't have to. I try to use compensation stitches. Or if one or two stitches are the wrong color, I figure the only ones who know are me and the designer. Occasionally, I'll even stitch over a mistake. If it looks bad I'll take it out, but if you can't tell, it's staying in.

Also, I have a tendency to overspend. Sometimes my stash lives in the trunk of the car until I can smuggle it into my closet. But my money is my money, and the dh doesn't worry about what I spend. It's more because I can't believe I've bought more than someone's going without chow.



I have made some progress this weekend! In addition to completing Roly Poly Santa (pictures soon) I also finished Forget-Me-Nots In Stitches' Sunflower Smalls needlebook (begun in 1994). I had originally thought that I would also re-stitch the scissors holder that I lost on a flight many moons ago (when you could take your scissors on board), but I decided that since it wasn't started it wasn't a work in progress. So I got to knock another two projects off the WIP list. Very exciting. I also managed 10 hours on the Williamsburg Doorway. Quiet weekend.

No comments: