Thursday, July 08, 2004

ABCs of Me

Act your age? No, I act older.
Born on what day of the week? Friday.
Chore you hate? All of them.
Dad’s name? Richard.
Essential makeup item? Lipstick.
Favorite actor? Owen Wilson.
Gold or silver? Both.
Hometown? Amherst, NH.
Instruments you play? None.
Job? Assistant Director, academic administration.
Kids? None.
Living arrangements? Rent.
Mom’s name? Maureen.
Need? Food and water.
Overnight hospital stays? None.
Phobias? Circular stairs; my fil, the classics professor, once put together a word for it, but I can’t remember it.
Quote you like? In these times, "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country." --Herman Goering (1946)
Religious affiliation? None, and I don’t want to know yours either.
Siblings? One younger sister.
Time you wake up? 6:45.
Unique talent? I can cross just one eye and fold my tongue into a clover shape.
Vegetable you refuse to eat? Broccoli.
Worst habit? Teasing people.
X-rays you’ve had? What haven’t I had x-rayed? Knees (water on), feet (only tendonitis), ankle (tore 11 ligaments), finger (did break) and teeth, including one broken tooth and 6 cavities.
Yummy food you make? Thai-style chicken and peppers served with a peanutty salad. But everything I make is yummy.
Zodiac Sign? Libra.

On the stitching front, I think I've reached a higher level of existence. The new Just Cross-stitch arrived weeks ago, and I still haven't read the Martha Beth's bloated article on scissors. As fascinating as I am sure scissors are, the only thing I'm really interested in knowing about them is where to get them sharpened.


No comments: