Tuesday, June 08, 2004

For Your Consideration

I finally got myself together to post some new pictures of my finishes. Please pardon the sizing issues and the leaning-tower-of-Pisa nature of the pictures. Maybe I can clean that up a little, but I wanted to get them on the web for you! On the website you can see Professor Fizzby's Freebee, which I finished last night. So there is my first June goal completed! I'm thinking it would make a cute little tray insert. I hope to find a tray that it will fit. I will let you know how the search goes. I also finished the acorn. I ran out of the pearl sparkly stuff but had no idea what it was since it had been kitted. Of course, I could have contacted the ladies at the Silver Needle for information on that, but I was very impatient to finish it since my grandmother's birthday has passed. I hemmed and hawed in the cross-stitch store and let myself be talked into something I didn't really think was right. (I'm pretty sure the first stuff was the right stuff.) Anyway, the difference was so obvious that I had to take out all the little random explosion stitches and re-stitch them in the new stuff which is whiter and thicker than the original fiber, only you can't tell because I didn't take an interim picture! It's so much responsibility! And finally Little Livian May's completed birth sampler (speaking of responsibility).

I'm in a bit of a quandry. I am very set on the idea that I should whittle down the UFO pile--and hooray! I'm down to only 15 pieces--but I'm bored with some of these things. I feel uninspired. I know that if I start something new that I will feel that excitement I get from a new start but I will only get so far before the same feeling of boredom will hit. I think there are two kinds of stitchers in the world: those who love to start and those who love to finish. There are a lot of stitching bloggers who seem to be one-project-at-a-time types (hey, if you're contemplating starting a third project, you count as a one-at-a-timer). I don't know if it is because they are anal-retentive or if they are just sort of new to all this...

I may have spoken too soon yesterday when I said that I had one perfect project picked out for a much-discussed online auction. I found another one today at Wyndham Needleworks: La Bibliotheque by Anagram Diffusion. First I've heard of them. Some cool stuff.

No comments: