Sunday, April 01, 2018

Snowman Wreath

I bought all the things to make this wreath. And then it seemed like so much to do among the busy-ness of this week. For example, my sister needed me to pick my mother up at the airport and bring her to the house so that she could help with the girls. My mother told me 2:48 and then the day she flies she tells me 12:10. So I go to the airport at 12:10, which of course turns out to be the time she is taking off (to land at 2:48). This is not her first rodeo, people, so I dutifully went to the airport twice to get my mother. And then she needed to be fed. So I ended up bringing her to my sister's house in rush hour traffic. And then I got home at 7:30 and still had to feed myself and walk the dog.

And you wonder why I didn't want to make 11 pom pom snowmen. So I made the one. But it was fun and easy and I think I should make the other 10 so that I can have a fabulous new wreath.

I'd like to do this with a rainbow of scarves, like the original, but I am not buying whole skeins for two yards. So if you'd like to contribute, give me a holler!

8 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Oh my goodness! This is so cute; it made me smile. What about using perle cotton to make the scarves with?

Julie said...

I've had a lovely catch up of your wonderful crafting, lots of lovely beautiful makes.
Happy Easter

Cindy Quilts said...

I have seen packages of tiny skeins of yarn, several colors per package at Joann Fabrics. I saw them on Amazon, too. You might also find them at Michael's and/or Hobby Lobby.

Lion Brand Yarn 601-610 Bonbons Yarn, Brights

Your snowman and the wreath are very cute.

Unknown said...

Oh, I've seen these. Good idea. Thanks for the reminder!

diamondc said...

Anna: Your snowman is adorable.

Blessings
Catherine

Beth said...

With a day like that I'd have collapsed on the couch and done nothing. One snowman is a win!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

If only you had taken the wool with you, then you could have made them at the airport!

I do like the wreath and have just shared it with a friend who may actually make one.

Sheryl said...

Love your little snowman, you must make more if you haven´t already. I can send you lengths of lots of different colour wool if needed. let me know.