Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Tool Time: Scissor Location System

I'm up past my bedtime to bring you today's craft. It was supposed to be something entirely different but there is no way I would have had time on this crazy day!

I may have stretched the definition of a needlework tool, but I would argue that the best way for me to find my scissors--which have a tendency to locate themselves somewhere between the end table, the arm of the couch, my lap, and between the couch cushion--is to have something on them that nearly doubles their size.

Tutorials:
SoEasyQuilts has a video tutorial
Abbie has a tutorial
Anne over on Focus on Finishing does too.

There are lots of ideas out there for these if you have trouble picking beads and colors!

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

Wow! Nice Fob...I love those colors!

Linda said...

Pretty fob Nikki.

Linda

Hazel said...

Goodness you've been a crafty lady recently! Love your fob. xx

PNLima said...

What a great idea!
My scissor too seems to have a will of its own, sometimes!
Happy Easter all the way from Portugal
Paula LIma
http://pontoaquipontoacola.blogspot.pt/

Amy said...

Very pretty!

So far I only have two places my scissors might be at any given time - in a project bag, or on the table by my stitching chair. I have no luck staying organized, though, so it's only a matter of time until I start losing them and need fobs....

Unknown said...

This is so pretty, thanks for sharing all the links. I love "Scissor Location System" GREAT!!!!

Robin in Virginia said...

Fabulous fob you created and it plays well with your scissors!

Bea said...

Love your fob and I'd be lost without mine. My scissors definitely have a wandering soul - sometimes with a smidgen of help from the felines!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fancy title! Lovely fob too.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I love to make beaded fobs! Really cute!