Thursday, September 12, 2013

Industry

Oh. I had hoped to return before that autopost. I shall defend myself regarding the auto. I am in it up to my eyeballs right now.

First, I wanted to thank you all for offering me your solidarity with "Independent and Free." I appreciate your ideas about how I can fudge it, but I really need to know what is wrong with it so I can keep on fudging it.

This past weekend, I was home alone. I imagined a life of watching girlie movies and stitching my life away. Instead I played Words with Friends and Idontevenknowwhat. I had scheduled Lady Gray for this slot hoping I would have tons done by the end of the weekend. Instead, I hardly touched it until Monday when the dude and I were driving out to Longwood. And that's when I found out I was missing two colors. {Eye roll}

Longwood was, as always, peaceful and inspiring. (We do look at the experimental gardens almost every time. And I get inspired!) The conservatory is displaying mums in preparation for the 1000 bloomer they'll be debuting later this fall.

For the past three days, I was supposed to be working on Elizabethan Rose. I can't even remember the last time I looked at that one. I should probably have finished it when I was still a pro at detached buttonhole stitch. At any rate, I really had to put my efforts into getting all the request letters out for the Silent Auction--yes, I'm doing that again. Yes, I know I'm nuts.

I was running around like crazy doing errands. When picking up the farm share, I noticed hundreds of honeybees dancing around this white flower, that frankly looked rather weed-like. (Parts of the farm seem so unkempt. But if I had to farm in our heat and humidity, it would be incredibly unkempt.) I have been taking pictures of bees, in some misguided attempt to promote them, or something. This one is called "Industry 4."

2 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for the Longwood picture! Heading there in a week or two and it's nice o get a preview.

Linda said...

Pretty looking project Nikki.

Linda