Saturday, March 16, 2013

Cross-stitch in One Day

I know that many of us see cross-stitch as a long-term commitment. Most of the pieces we stitch take a very long time indeed. And then there is the finishing. But designers know that we like instant gratification too. Last year, I did stitch two pieces for my craft-a-day undertaking. In one case, I was in the car for seven hours. So it wasn't like I had commitments. The other was stitched on the way to the airport and on the plane. Another day with lots of time and not much to do.

Yesterday, I headed to old lady stitching where I started a stitching project. I kept getting interrupted--people couldn't picture what the finishing would be--so I wasn't sure I was going to make it. I didn't spend the whole day stitching this--I do have commitments like family and pets and dinner. But I did stitch it in one day.

Wrapped around a pillow I borrowed from Stella.
Please excuse the dog hair.
 And just in case you think I started ahead of time, I've got evidence. (Apparently I watch too many shows where people get kidnapped.)



Edited: Just to be clear, this kit came prefinished. All you have to do is stitch! This is a "Top Ties" kit from Pine Mountain Designs. This particular one is from 2008, and is retired. (I bought it because it was on sale and it matched our bedroom, which I fear is like buying the art that matches the couch.)

9 comments:

Anne Sans Tete said...

That's really cute! Love the colors. I also like how you sewed up the blue fabrics & the embroidery fabric before stitching.

Pam in IL said...

Such a cute finish using some of my favorite colors!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

That's a really cute project finish, and a quick one, too! Great job!

Beth said...

Isn't that how you are supposed to buy art? I really like the colors and as finished challenged as I am, I'm all about prefinished kits.

Giovanna said...

Nice finish, congrats.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congrats on the one day finish!
The backstitched flower cards I made last year only took one day each although technically they weren't cross stitch! The Dragon Dreams 12 dragonlets could each be done in a day if I stitched for 6 hours in one day LOL. Ah I remember pre-child weekends of all day stitching sessions.

Margaret said...

It came out great! Love the colors!

Linda said...

I love it Nikki. I have seen alot of their kits, but a little too much for me.

Linda

Mouse said...

coooo that would actually fit in my bedroom too :) nice design :) love mouse xxxxx