Friday, July 08, 2011

Wacky Races

Today I was back at the library. One of the wackier women (I like her!) has been "voicing" the bear puppets another woman is knitting for a librarian's parents to take to an orphanage in Ecuador. Did you get all that? Anyway, the bears have been welcoming new knitters, commenting on our projects, and encouraging the bear-knitter to knit clothes for the puppets more quickly. It's a very silly bunch, and I like it.

We also talked about gardening which is good since the dude and I will be digging up half our front yard starting tomorrow. We've wanted to put in a path to the sidewalk for a while, and we're finally getting around to it.  We also talked about the new book about Chanticleer (reviewed today in the Ink) and the many (many, many) gardens you can visit in our area: Longwood, Chanticleer, Bartram's, Barnes Arboretum, Awbury, Bowman's Hill, Haverford College, Swarthmore College, Morris Arboretum, Temple Ambler, Medford Leas, Winterthur and on and on. There's some pretty serious gardeners among our stitchers, and it's nice to be able to pick their brains

When I got home, these scissors had arrived from Anita's Little Stitches. So cute! And trust me, I had a hard time choosing from the many cuties on the website.

3 comments:

Denise said...

I got 3 pair from her last week. Enjoy!
Happy Stitching
Denise

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I do enjoy your library postings. We need to see these bears now to envisage their little beary voices.

Gorgeous scissors too.

Alice said...

Thanks for the link! So cute.