Friday, May 08, 2009

Stitcher's Meme

Emily over at the Floss Box had this little meme on her blog while I was away. Emily does a lot of embroidery, which is my roots. I like to visit to see what she is up to; recently she's been working on the most adorable bunny series. If you're a biscornu stitcher, be sure to visit her pattern store. You can get, oh, 90 or so patterns for under $10.

  • Where did you learn to stitch? My mom taught me crewel and other surface embroidery. I taught myself to cross stitch.
  • What is your favorite type of stitching? Cross-stitch. French knots. I love French knots!
  • How many years have you been stitching? Over 20.
  • What are your favorite threads to use? I love love love Rainbow Gallery Very Velvet; I don't use it often enough.
  • Have you tried any new techniques in the past year? If so, which? No. I've been stitching for 20 years. Not much new under the sun.
  • Do you prefer small or large projects? Definitely small. I do not have the attention span for large projects.
  • Any particular subject matter you prefer for your projects? No.
  • Where do you get your inspiration? From YOU! Other bloggers. Whether it's a SAL or just drooling over what you are making. Thanks!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

French knots. I love French knots!So can I send you all of my projects that require french knots? ;) I have 2 WIPs (more like UFOs) that have been sitting for longer than I care to admit, all becasue I dread finishing the patches of french knots the patterns require. Mine don't come out very well. :(

On a similar note, have you ever tried one of those miniature knotted rug patterns? They are gorgeous!

Siobhán said...

Uh huh. Likes French knots. Is all kinds of crazy. Okay, gotcha. ;) I have to do colonial knots because I am French knot disabled. I enjoyed reading more about you!