The dude wants me to blog about our recent woes with the thermostat. We have a programmable one. You may remember when we got this new one. Well the old one was smart. It knew about daylight savings time. It has taken us three weeks to realize that our house is freezing by 10:00 pm. You know, once the heat has been turned down to 62 for an hour. We have been so thankful for our fleece sheets. Have I told you about the marvel that is fleece sheets? We dig them. Between the fleece sheets, the poufy comforter, our nightcaps, and the tempurpedic mattress, being in bed is like floating on a cloud. On a cloud. In fact, why am I not in bed already? Friday is the best night of the week for hunkering down in bed. Oh sure, you young things are hitting the bars and the dance clubs and the movies. But the dude and I are so exhausted by Friday, we can hardly sit upright at dinner.
So in my exhausted state, I leave you this:
Fill in Friday
1. The last band I saw live was _____REM_____.
2. What I look forward to most on Thanksgiving is _Triple Corn Stuffing___.
3. My Christmas/holiday shopping is _theoretical___.
4. Thoughts of ___bed____ fill my head.
5. I wish I could wear my pajamas to work____.
6. Bagpipes _rocked our wedding__.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to __um, I think you know the answer___, tomorrow my plans include _picking up a framed By the Sea__ and Sunday, I want to _congratulate the dude on another chess tournament well played__! Speaking of chess, have you seen what the American women are doing in the Chess Olympiad? Today they beat Russia, and now are in second place only to China, with whom they drew.