Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Hot Offer


Today, on rather short notice, a coworker asked me to walk the 9 or so blocks to Sophie's Yarns. "Woohoo!" I shouted and strapped on my sneakers. I don't know what I was looking for. Especially since I have not finished the laptop bag.

But it found me! That super crappy picture they have on the website is actually a darling beaded bag, a free pattern no less. They're having a class so my coworker was interested, but I couldn't make it(stamping class scheduled for the same day). I convinced her that we could figure it out together. I know that knitting with beads isn't that hard; I watched an episode about it on that knitting show on DIY. I think it will be good for me to work on this with someone else--I actually might finish. I'm not convinced of that since the knitting is on #3 dpns. I've never knit on anything smaller than a #7.

I bought Classic Elite Yarns Bam Boo in color 4976 (praline, it's the third from the left in the picture above), and pinky-purple matte glass beads. Oooh. I can't wait to start.

No comments: