Friday, August 05, 2005

Stitching, but Not on Fabric



I've been in a bit of a stitching slump since I went to Maine. I've been stamping. I guess the stamp-a-stack I went to before I went on the trip got me in the mood. And tomorrow is my Stampin' Up rep's open house. I've made a ton of cards. I'm finishing off cards that I made a few elements for. I do that a lot. Stamp a few images with nothing specific in mind, then weeks or even months later, I go back and assemble them.

One of the ones I like best married my two favorite hobbies: stitching and stamping. I stamped the girl on a Vespa from Stampin' Up's Paris in the Spring set, mostly as a challenge to myself--I mean, wtf, a girl on a Vespa? (I bought the set for the poodle and the Eiffel Tower.) I colored it a jaunty yellow, pink, and mint. Then I mounted it on a piece of torn pink cardstock with a stem stitch using mint DMC. It's cute though I say it myself. I also love the more brightly colored one I did. I used a technique I read about on vacation--remember when I could only flip idly through magazines due to fatigue? I stamped on ribbon. I love it! I can't show this one right now, because I have big plans for it. If things go well, I'll let you know...

No comments: