Friday, June 03, 2005

Back

I had a terrific time in Montreal, but I stayed up too late every night. I almost got to a stitching store, but my the husband of the other couple said he'd "rather go to a doll show" than stop for a few minutes at the stitching place on our drive around the city. Next time.

On Tuesday, I had to watch the five year old niece all day because her sister was getting an mri. We had a picnic on the Brandywine River and then went to the museum. I think she whizzed around the place in 45 minutes (to be fair, one gallery was closed). She was moderately interested, but her nose hurt so she wanted to go home. When we got there, she wanted to draw. She drew and drew and drew. So did I. We used the crayola version of pastels (a little waxier, and easier to clean up). The upside of all this is that I survived watching her from 8-4 with only 1.5 hours of television.

On Wednesday, I hit the
Bryn Mawr College archives to gather some images for the Bryn Mawr Club of Southern California's new cards. These will be available in the fall, but there's a big sale coming up July 1-31. I looked for photographs of May Days celebrated at the college (from 1900-2005!) and I looked at the special collections map exhibit for images too. That was a delightful way to spend the day.

Yesterday, I went to Philadelphia for a fancy lunch with a contact regarding the good old job search. I really should be following up.

I took some pictures this morning of Le Petit Berger, but I left them on the camera. I got a lot stitched during our 16 hours on the road last weekend. It's starting to look like something! I also finished stitching two rrs. I am totally done with them! I can already feel the weight lifting off my shoulders! Four to go...

No comments: