Sunday, January 02, 2005

Another Year in Review

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Made a list of goals for my stitching…and managed to get more stitching done!
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I had just the one--to keep in touch better with friends and family. I did that for friends up until about April. But I wrote to my grandmothers throughout the year, so I feel like I was pretty successful.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Who didn't? A friend from grad school, my cousin, my sister-in-law, my best pal--in that order.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes.
5. What countries did you visit?
None this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
A house.
7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day the Red Sox beat the Yankees after coming from 3 down to advance to the World Series. C’mon, 3 games down against the Evil Empire!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting some therapy.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting a new job.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Um, remember the hives?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The DVD player. And the Netflix subscription.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The lesbians and gay men who got married in San Francisco and Massachusetts this year. And the lesbians who filed suit in Oklahoma against the hateful laws passed there. These are the people fighting for civil rights for all of us today.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
George W. Bush, Donald Rumsfeld, Tommy Thompson, John Ashcroft…Oh, I could go on.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Joann's. Well, besides all the dosh that went to rent.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
That’s simply too many reallys for me; I don’t get that excited.

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
I had a lot of trouble answering the three music-related questions here. It’s totally background noise for me.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? about the same
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter
c) richer or poorer? Richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Working at a job I hated.
20. How did you be spend Christmas?
With my family in New Hampshire, playing poker.
21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
I fall in love with the dude every single day.
22. How many one-night stands?
None.
23. What was your favorite TV program?

CSI
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hating people takes too much energy.
25. What was the best book you read?
Bone, Fae M. Ng.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
1985, Bowling for Soup
27. What did you want and get?
Lots of cross stitch stuff.
28. What did you want and not get?
A new job.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
That came out this year, or that I saw this year? We haven’t seen some of the late season releases (ie Oscar contenders), but I really enjoyed The Life Aquatic.
On DVD it was definitely Badder Santa.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 38. The Dude and I went out for (Maine) lobster.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Working with fewer crazy people.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
I have a concept?
33. What kept you sane?
The Dude, stitching, and the Daily Show. Possibly not in that order.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jon Stewart.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Um, didn't we have an election recently?
36. Who did you miss?
Marisa.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Lori, the director of the Women's Center on campus.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
I am horribly out of touch with the American people.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
“I could leave but I'll just stay/All my stuff's here anyway.”

No comments: