Monday, October 04, 2004

Stitching Bloggers QOTW: Thread storage.

Thread organization: plastic bobbins, yes or no? How do you organize your threads? Haven't we discussed thread storage before? It's another one of those completely fascinating aspects of needlework, so we should review. I do store my DMC threads on bobbins. (I know how to get the kinks out.) They've been on bobbins since 1989, and I'm not redoing this for the latest passing fad. Most of my bobbins are paper, though, and they were difficult enough to find back then. Now, as they get used up I replace the more worn paper bobbins with plastic. All my specialty flosses are stored in boxes as is. I'm such a horrible stitcher. They're going to kick me out of the club.


I'm quite close to finishing the baby blanket. I just got so bored with it last night. Hey, how awesome was Desperate Housewives? I loved it. Especially Felicity Huffman's character. I foresee some really good violence coming out of that situation. Loved how she socked her husband in the jaw after he suggested they "just risk it." And you wonder why I don't have kids...

No comments: