Monday, May 17, 2004

Stitcher's Five: Wishlist

1. Do you keep a wishlist?
Yes, at Wishlist.com
2. If so how many items are on it?
13 stitch-related items—8 more are general craft items.
3. Name three of those items.
Nostalgic Needle, Whimsy Bag
Canterbury Designs, Plantation Sampler
Lilybet Designs, Lady Gray
4. Do you let other people see it?
I will when it’s buying season.
5. How often do you add to it?
Whenever I see something that grabs me, and I check out Silver Needle and Elegant Stitch weekly.

I have to be pretty selective about what I put on a wish list. First, I am still trying to get rid of a bunch of stuff. I think Americans may be in a race to collect the most stuff. Why should we? I'm going to try to focus on using what I have. (If you never hear from me again, the capitalists have come to take me away.) Secondly, because my family considers me "hard to buy for," my entire wish-list gets bought up between my birthday in October and Christmas. It doesn't matter who buys the stuff for you: it's still collected stuff that fills the closets and the space under the bed. I suppose I should have a third thing to be grammatically accurate, but I can't think of one.

No comments: