Saturday, December 26, 2020

Tradition (You should sing that)

 One tradition that I didn't let this year get in the way of was stitching an ornament for my nieces. 

Cross stitched snowman ornament, designed by Satsuma Street 
Cross stitched Santa designed by Satsuma Street

These are Snow Buddy and Candy Claus from Satsuma Street. They stitched up quickly. And they are such fun, happy colors. I bought all the patterns for this set, and I might stitch the deer for myself because it is so mid-Century modern. A blue deer! I tell you what will they think of next?

Stitching these put me in the mood to stitch on perforated paper. I picked up Nunavut Santa (which I have been stitching since 2015?). There was less than an hour to do on the stitches. I have started beading and Mill Hill is trying to kill me by putting 02056 (sable) and 03011 (pebble gray) in the same bag. They also put green and black in the same bag, and I tell you the older I get the less funny this is! Maybe I'll have a finish to show you soon because it is embarrassing that I have been stitching on a 51x68 piece for FIVE years!

2 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

The ornaments for the twins are so precious. Nikki, did you back them with anything or did you get them go naked?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Yes, I did sing Tradiiton!
Love the two ornies, I hope you do stitch the deer, they are such fun designs.
Good luck with the Mill Hill too.