Saturday, November 25, 2017

Small Business Saturday

Today I headed to The Bead Garden and started my tassel necklace. (They didn't have the right beads for the daisy, but let's face it, I'm a woman who knows how to substitute. Once I saw the size of the beads the instructions called for, I lost enthusiasm. It just wasn't as delicate as I thought it would be.)

I realized I'm always making pink and green for my aunt, so when I saw these pink and gold beads (dyed jade) I chose them. I also stuck with the extra large tassel, even though I picked smaller tassels for the sodalite (blue) and druzy agate beads (purple/green with sparkly insides). Speaking of, the tassel for those is army green.. (I have to wait for the silk cord to be restocked to start the latter two.)


Here's the sodalite. The photo of the druzy agate didn't come out well enough, but you can go here to see. Go! They're awesome.

How are your weekend plans progressing?

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Very pretty! Thanks for the link to see the druzy agate beads. Those are stunning.

Julie said...

Had a catch up read ... beautiful stockings.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I was buying tassels today, from a small business too!
Hubby was working this weekend just gone - two towns 25 miles apart both having Christmas Light Switching On ceremonies on the same weekend. That kept him busy and me stitching!