Wednesday, May 04, 2016

April Showers

This small was not so small. Only about 75x30 but, as you can see, it is wall to wall stitches. This is a Bent Creek kit called Showers and Flowers. This kit is from 2000. I used the fabric and the flosses (DMC and Weeks) that came in the kit.

I changed the flowers to rice stitches because I like rice stitches and I think they give more of a floral feeling.

I am linking up to Heather's Smalls SAL--and just under the wire too. You should check out all the lovely smalls the stitchers have stitched up. (Looking at the photo, I realize that the bee charm flipped over. It actually fits nicely into that green spot between the flowers.)

Off to work on a special gift that I should be able to show you in about two weeks. And then back to the rotation.

17 comments:

Julie said...

Sweet design, pretty.

KimM said...

Very sweet pattern. Love the little bee charm.
xxx

Susan said...

Very pretty! Doesn't it feel good to complete some of your older stash?

Amy said...

Oh, so pretty!

Justine said...

What a pretty design - I love those blues!

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Nikki.

Linda

Minnie said...

Rice stitches for the flowers was a great idea. Very nice.

Kristen said...

What a lovely piece! (How did I miss it? I'm pretty good at keeping up with Bent Creek. Off to ebay...)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice design with a cute charm. I like rice stitches too.

Pamela said...

Very nice. I also like rice stitches.

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done on your Bent Creek piece! Thanks for providing the info about the rice stitch and flowers. It saved me from asking. I like the bit of dimension it gives to your piece.

Bea said...

That is lovely and yay for a finish. Never heard of rice stitch - off to Google I go.

Sheryl said...

Pretty little design and stitching. I like the rice stitches.

Unknown said...

I have never done ribbon stitches. They are so pretty. Looks great

Marie said...

Beautifully stitched. I like the rice stitched flowers. Wondering how you will finish this lovely piece. :-)

Beth said...

Gosh a Bent Creek design that I've never seen before. So pretty - sometimes those 'wall to wall' stitches are hard ones even if they are small. Something about the density of the stitching!

Von said...

Very sweet little design!!