Thursday, February 12, 2015

Happy New Year...Yeah the Card was Late Too

A million years ago, there was some interest in seeing my recent card crafting. This was my New Year's card. It may not look like much, but the swirls are heat embossed onto the blue stock and the snowflakes were diecut from glitter paper. I know it looks like I just used fancy ribbon and stickers...At any rate, if the number of these cards that showed up in New England presaged the snow, I apologize to all my friends and neighbors up there.
I have about a dozen man/boy cards to make each year for family members, and all but two of my guys have a birthday before June. Kinda sucks, but that's the luck of the draw. I wanted to make at least nine cards so I could be ready, but I only made six (plus two that were nearly complete). I want to do another four male cards at our next session, but I have to do cards for Yay-o and Sissy. And a valentine for my valentine. I guess I have a plan for this Friday!

I made these for the two younger boys. Fingers crossed that I am not a day late on these...they grow up so fast and their tastes are so mercurial.

11 comments:

Barbi said...

Love those man cards!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great cards. My brother always makes our cards, the Small Boy got a pop-up piggy this month for his Birthday. The rest of us tend to get Lego themed cards. He made my FB avatar too.

Von said...

Love your cards! It's a good idea to do up a batch so you're prepared. My stash needs to be replenished.

Michele said...

love the cards :)

Linda said...

Those cards are all so pretty (manly) Nikki. Great job.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Your cards are amazing!!

Cole said...

Great cards! Thanks for sharing them :)

Thoeria said...

Your cards are great Nikki! Love the Minecraft ones :) My son would so get it!

Unknown said...

I have onesies and twosies to send early in the year. My card-sending frenzy starts in May with Mother's Day and all 3 of my SILs' birthdays.

Unknown said...

Love those green cards.

Sun City Stitcher said...

Love the cards!