Friday, January 09, 2015

Day 7 and 8

Day 7 saw me finally begin the Kreinik kit designed by With My Needle, "Abigail's Wisdom." I bought this when it first came out and I was working in the Center for Feminist Research. This was going to be perfect for my office! (Ha. I left that job ten years ago.)

Abigail Adams wrote to her husband when he was fomenting his own revolution: "Remember the ladies and be more generous and favorable to them..." The quote actually continues, "than your ancestors. Do not put such unlimited power into the hands of the husbands. Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could. If particular care and attention is not paid to the ladies, we are determined to foment a rebellion, and will not hold ourselves bound by any laws in which we have no voice or representation." And we know how well that worked out for her.
Although I was home for the entirety of Day 8, I didn't get as much stitched as I might have. I had important Rehab Addict to watch. I did get a start on Waldorff by Homespun Sampler. This is stitched with DMC on black Cashel. This poor project got loaded down with white dog fur and fluff, given that I stitched while underneath a fluffy blanket that the dude got for Christmas. (Not the blanket I would have chosen if I were shopping, but it's warm and not yet appropriated by the dog. The other morning I was wearing it when I let the dog out back and I pretty much felt like a cave man.) (As for the white fur, that's the joy of having a black and white dog. Everything you wear will end up covered in hair, that shows. I really enjoyed stitching on this and look forward to coming back to it.

9 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Love the Abigail Adams quote, I can see I am going to have to do some research to find out all about her!

Barbi said...

I have dog hair on all my projects too. I just call it an extra fiber at this point. A little something special.
Love all of your starts! I'm so OCD I don't think that I could work on more than two at a time cause it would keep me up at night! LOL

Loretta said...

Love your starts. I emphasize regarding the dog hair - have the same problem.

I want to stitch this chart one day and hang it in my stitching spot -
http://www.123stitch.com/item/My-Big-Toe-Designs-Dog-Hair-Cross-Stitch-Pattern/MBT-11

Linda said...

Great starts Nikki. Everyone of mine has specialty fibers.

Linda

Casa Pearl said...

Two more great starts. I look forward to seeing these progress. I think I might actually have that same kit somewhere around here.

Brigitte said...

Abigail Adams - what an interesting woman she was. Nice to see her sampler here. Good luck with stitching on the black fabric. I will start a project today on dark blue fabric and I'm already curious how it goes.

Beth said...

I gifted my mom with a dvd of the Adams Chronicles for Christmas. We watched the miniseries on PBS back in the 1980s maybe, and I decided itwas time to revisit it.

Kalu V said...

great starts !!

Anonymous said...

I wear cat hair proudly on all my clothes, I even eat some (or better drink some) because he likes to sit next to my cup of tea.. couldn't care a bit.
my stitching must be packed with it, I think it's an enhancement; added value.
I love the new starts, especially the fact that you started Abigail after 10 years or more - you *started* it eventually, that's what matters.
have fun! - chiara