Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Fit to Be Tied

You're going to get tired of the tie jokes, I suspect. I already think you're tired of hearing from me every day with no word on stitching! I do have some stalwart commenters, though, and they are helping me get through this. I had some bad news yesterday and had buried my head not in the sand but rather in the six hours of Colin Firth Pride and Prejudice. I wasn't sure I could abandon him for crafting. But I'm so close to the finish line, I couldn't throw in the towel just yet.

Solve this equation for X:
$1 thrift store tie + yogurt container + snap + button = X

Algebra not your thing? How about a photographic answer?



If your local thrift store has some great ties, and you eat yogurt, make your own cuff with these directions.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute. I take it the Dude doesn't often wear ties? I could just raid DH's closet for some that need to be recycled.

xeyedmary said...

How clever is that??!! Hang in there Nikki- you're almost done!

Paula said...

Pride and Prejudice + crafting = a good thing(s)
I'm enjoying your daily posts.

Jennifer said...

Will we be seeing some tie-dyed easter eggs?

MelissaD said...

cute and looks fairly simple - great job!

Cole said...

You're becoming quite the enabler in my books ~ I love this one! I think my teens might get a kick out of it too... Always nice when I can add a little handmade to their gifts!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Another great job! You should start watching Call the Midwife, on PBS, if you haven't already. A great series (season 2 starts on Sunday, I believe). PBS just did a full day of season one on Sunday. A great series to craft along with as well as P&P.

Margaret said...

I'm enjoying your daily posting even if I'm not actually trying these crafts myself. The variety you provide is amazing

Anne Sans Tete said...

Cute! Some people (not me!) are so creative!

Margaret said...

Wow! That is a beautiful cuff! I'm so impressed!

Linda said...

Oh Nikki. I really love this cuff. What a beauty.

Linda

Needle Nicely said...

There are those of us who want to see whatever you want to blog about, whether it be (cross)stitching or scrapbooking or "crafting" or just commentary--your voice is marvelous to hear. Thank you for your versatility.

Heather said...

Oh, that turned out nice.

And, hey, I wouldn't have blamed you for abandoning crafting for Colin Firth. ;)

Chris said...

Very cool! You are almost to the end of the month and you have done some amazing projects. So, will you do any of them again? Any that you really enjoyed?

Mary in TN said...

DH will definitely lose some ties in this one.

Sharon said...

Love this! It looks great, I have definitely book marked that one.