Monday, January 02, 2012

Little Surprises

Faye surprised me with one of her little bags. People, it is perfect with such square corners, you'd think she was in the military. I've never seen a homemade item with such square corners! And cute, cute, cute lining fabric (alphabets, I couldn't get a photo). It's a winner. She says she sent it to me because I make her laugh. And to think my parents didn't think anything would come of being voted class clown in 8th grade. Thanks again, Faye.



But wait! What's that peeking out?

It's the first of my {Modified} Crazy January starts. Bent Creek's Red Holly Berries. This came in a set of three charts, but I only put this one on my list. I nearly finished it--just a few more letters and two and a half holly leaves. I ran out of the brown floss already. That's okay. There's a trip to the LNS in my near future.


Stella says, "There's a a lot of chillaxin' going on in this house."

7 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Anna, I love the Bent Creek piece. Could you give me the name of the chart if possible? Love the picture of Stella.

Linda

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a lovely gift, and you're right with such perfect corners!

Great Crazy Challenge start!

Denise said...

Faye is a great person! Glad you got such a beautiful bag. And your stitch is almost compete - a finish by Jan 2nd - wow!

Beth said...

What a beautiful bag! Bent Creek is going to be great!

Mouse said...

ohhh lovely gift and well putt to use already and way to go on the almost finish as well :) and Stella looks gorgeous posing ..lol .. happy new year :) love mouse xxxx

Mindi said...

Great gift! And your Bent Creek start is looking fantastic.

Aussie Stitcher said...

Love the bag. Stella looks very relaxed in the photo, I love how her paws are crossed.