I thought you might be interested in some of the recipes I've tried so far this season.
- For leeks: ham, leek, and gruyere baked egg cups from Rachael Ray. Awesome stuff. Try to have an extra large muffin tin; or maybe make it in ramekins. (Also we used eggs from the farm. Heaven!)
- For cucumbers: Avocado-cucumber soup from Martha Stewart. Great for this hot weather!
- For broccoli rabe: Broccoli Rabe and sausage but read through the comments and make your own adjustments.
- For kale: kale and white bean soup from Martha Stewart. Instead of 4 c water and 2 c broth, I went 2 c water and 4 c broth. Also you should not skip that cheesy crouton.
- For summer squash: squash fritters. If, come October, I've turned into a squash fritter, you should not be surprised.
*Actually we pick it up but we alternate weeks, and this was their week.