1. What is your staple meal? (ie. what meal do you cook most often, when you can’t be bothered to think of anything adventurous) I am a meal planner, and I unapologetically rely heavily on Rachael Ray's 365 No Repeats. Some faves from that one include Park City Cashew Chicken, Spicy Shrimp and Bok Choy Noodle Soup, Fancy Pants Bangers and Mash (cool weather), Chicago Dog Salad (hot summer), and Chili-Sweet Potato Hash with Fried Eggs. If I haven't made it to the store, we have bacon and eggs.
2. What do you want to be when you grow up? If I could hurry up and figure that out, I might be able to find a job. (Though I am still looking for the kinds of things I've done in the past. I don't want you to think, like Tom Corbett, that I'm "just sitting here.")
3. What book are you reading at the moment (if any)? Several--March, Geraldine Brooks; Inside of a Dog, Alexandra Horowitz; Gilead, Marilynne Robinson; and The Art of Racing in the Rain, Garth Stein.
4. How do you relax? I do cross-stitch. Or I take a nap. If I am really stressed, I do Pilates. Or if I am really tired, I park my bum on the couch and watch tv while patting the dog.
5. What colour are the interior walls of your home? The living room and halls are beige, "Bonjour Beige" to be exact (Glidden). The dining room is "Fragrant Clove" (Olympic). The kitchen is "Gypsy Gold" (Valspar). The master is "River's Edge" (Behr). The study is "Arrow Wood" suede (Ralph Lauren). The craft room is white. (As you can see, we're brand loyal.)
6. What is your guiltiest pleasure? It used to be candy, but I gave that up in May to prepare for my sister's wedding--and guess what? She got engaged! I suppose it's ignoring the to-do list. Or getting so lost in books so that I can't hear anyone around me.
7. What time is bed time and getting up time? 10 pm/7 am or at Stella's pleasure (usually earlier, never later than 7:30).
8. How long do you spend reading blogs (per day or per week)? Too long. And not long enough.