I did not manage to make it to Library Friday stitching, so I cannot update you on Mabel's story. I did ask for news, but haven't heard anything yet. I'll let you know as soon as I know.
Thanks too for the tip on putting needles in my stitching bag. I usually have a needlebook in my bag, but I changed bags as I was rushing to get the bus. I hate carrying the bag I made on public transportation. It's not only too precious, it's too big.
Christmas in July was interrupted a bit by birthday and anniversary in July, but I still finished two of the three projects I set for myself.
- Mirabilia, Christmas Elf--Finito! I'm so happy to have this done. I believe I started it in 2008. Hahahaha. I just checked on that and I was nearly finished in 2007 having started in 2006. Sigh.
- Fancy Work, Noel Ornament--also complete (see below)
- Bent Creek, Snowman Stocking--While watching the Psych marathon, I completed one spiral and the snowman.
- marquoir, I'll be in Maine when the others meet for the stitch in, so I'm bringing it with me
- finish finish some ornaments (Oh look, she's scheduling those New Year's resolutions!)
- Strip piece the the messenger bags (and another!)
- make cards with blue scraps (and another!)
- finish Folk Art Threadkeep
- finish Tree of Life Window
Those last two are going to help me make progress on my 101 Things in 1001 Days.