Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Anniversary Chatter

In addition to attic cleaning and saving the family heirlooms from the landfill, I have been stitching. I started monsterbubbles' "Don't." (Now Voyager, Bette Davis, "Don't let's ask for the moon, we've got the stars.") This will be the dude's anniversary present in a couple of weeks.

And speaking of anniversary presents, I do have two more anniversary giveaways to do to complete the celebration of five years of blogging: June and July. (Then in August I will have a celebration of my sixth anniversary, but it will be the kind where we have no gift exchange.) I'll put a photo of the June prize up on Friday and draw it on the 30th. I think you're going to like it!

Edited: the fabric is WDW Havanna 35-count, and the fibers are silk'n'colors espresso creme (moon), stormy skies (lettering) and windwhistle cottage (heart and spiral). Love these threads!

10 comments:

Sharon said...

I like this one! I have it in my stash-nice start!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Great start! The dude'll love it ~ and I love the saying, too!

Caroline said...

Great present-project!

Glenna said...

Very pretty colors! What are the fabric and fibers? Love the blue against the darker fabric!

mainely stitching said...

Great start!

Donna said...

I love that movie. One of Bette's finest. This will be a terrific gift!

Siobhán said...

Lovely start! I love the sentiment.

Carolyn NC said...

Very pretty fibers and fabric - nice start!

Maren said...

I love your thread choice with this fabric. Very pretty. Very pretty sentiment as well.

Jenna said...

Love, love, love these thread colors!