Friday, May 04, 2007

I Don't Know


I just don't know how I feel about the backstitching on the flowers. On the one hand, it reminds me of all the cute felt thingies I've been seeing on the interwebs and even making. OTOH, I think the flowers might look better plain. If I wanted the felt-thingie look, I could just order me up some Week's Dye Works 100% Wool Felt (I love it!) and make it outta wool.
Which reminds me, didn't I order a wool rug from the Mennonite woman like a month ago? When will I get the e-mail telling me it's ready? (Hey aren't I clever? I know she's not Amish by the e-mail account.) Wait til you see it. You are going to be in love with it!

But for now, I'd like your opinion on the backstitching.

10 comments:

KarenV said...

I'd leave it off, personally. I agree with the felt flower thing - I don't think it quite works with these. But then, I prefer stuff that isn't backstitched anyway...

Cheryl in DC said...

In your post on April 20, the flowers look quite done without the backstitching. I think I'd leave it off.

Mia said...

I like it better without the b/s. I agree about the felt making thing.

Have a nice weekend.

Chelle said...

Here's another vote for no backstitching.

Lee said...

Well, if you choose to do the backstitching, it won't look right unless you do the leaves and stems, too. Then the look of the project will completely change. I'm almost thinking that the flowers will pop out and the letters will recede.

Honestly? I don't know what I'd do. I'd probably put it away for a while and look at it again later, but if you're under a time constraint, you may not have that luxury.

It's lovely, no matter what!

Red said...

I avoid projects that require B/S...read into that if you want as a double entendre...I think your project softens it up quite a bit with out the B/S.

Barbara said...

Unless the leaves are also backstitched, I'd like it better without the backstitching.

My two cents...

monique said...

Another no-bs vote.

Michelle said...

I'd go with no backstitching. However, you may want to stand back from it and decide. I like the simple graphic look of the flowers and grass.

Melissa said...

The majority seems to think you should leave off the backstitching, maybe I'm just really obnoxious but I like it. It adds something to the flowers, on the other hand, I thought they looked finished before you backstitched. I wouldn't have known they were supposed to be backstitched if you hadn't shown the picture of the one you have completed. I guess I'm not a lot of help am I? I say go with your gut. There's no right or wrong, just what you like and don't like.