Friday, February 24, 2006

Bitches of the World, Unite!

Julie of Subversive Stitch has a new book coming out. Thirty-three patterns, roughly half of them new. Recycling patterns usually bothers me (coughBetterHomesandGardenssuckscough). But I'm not so upset in this case because Julie doesn't sell charts-only (okay, she has been known to, but that's not her primary m.o.). She sells kits, and they use aida. I can't buy that. The book, I can buy. In fact, I bought an advance copy. It ships March 13. I'll come home from Tulsa to a really cool present. And I'll tell you all about it!

The best part is the Editorial Manager of Stitch World has inadvertantly endorsed the book: "I did not like it and I would never list it." Oh, it's true. Cross-stitchers are so damn demure. You know what I always say...fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I totally agree with you on the "recycling thing"...and BHG is one of the worst offenders. There's nothing like buying a "special" holiday issue and finding some of the same patterns that you already got when you bought the regular issues of the magazine! This book looks fun and interesting...maybe Stitch World needs to veer off the "cutesy" path and incorporate a bit of "spunk" instead!

lobea2004 said...

Hi Anna, thanks for your post on my blog. I'm taking a look at your works: your Souvenir Sampler is turning out lovely.

Monsoon said...

Tulsa, ugh is there any way you can avoid it? No? well at least they have the 2 of the greatest LNSs in America (IMHO)

Lelia said...

LOL. You make me laugh. Tell all when you get the book. You create wonderful reviews for your stitching fans : )