Thursday, October 07, 2004

Out Sick

I was feeling pretty wonky on Tuesday so I went home early. Fever, bad tum, etc. On Wednesday morning the Dude told me that I didn't have to go to work if I didn't want to, so I stayed in bed. I'm feeling much better, but I seem to have developed hives. Normally, I'd scoff at people who complain about hives, but in 1999 I developed "chronic idiopathic urticaria" (Doctor speak for "really bad hives for a long time and we don't know why"). I had unbelievable welts all over my body. I ended up on two antihistamines for a year and a half. I no longer scoff at hives. The current bout seems to be controlled when I take my normal dose of zirtec with two benadryl, so fingers crossed. Otherwise, it's back on the zantac. Yes, I know you thought that was for heartburn, but it's a histamine II blocker, and hives are a reaction to histamines. And boy howdy, I got histamines.

Anyway, I got much done on the wedding sampler. While I had the camera out, I took a crappy photo of the baby blanket.

Be well.

No comments: