Friday, June 04, 2004

I Got Nothing.

I haven't been able to stitch. I haven't had a chance to get to Joann's to get the DMC for the cording to finish my ornaments. Since they are spread out all over the ottoman, I really want to finish them and put them away. Last night's interruption was the urgent need for groceries. We had nothing in the house because of the three weeks of house sitting. (I can't believe that's already come and gone!) After I shopped at the busiest time (just after work) and got annoyed by all the kids trying to get candy and gum out of their beleaguered mothers and the cashier who couldn't make his machine work, I was on the edge of my last nerve when the Dude insisted he could fit the food processor on its base without having it full of food-to-be-processed and in the locked position. My lesson in using it was probably a bit nastier than it should have been. Then I just didn't feel like getting back in the car for the trip to Santa Monica. So I finished Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi and started Bone by Fae Myenne Ng.

I've been scouring memes lists to see if there are any hobby related questions I could answer to keep this post about stitching as I've promised, but there's nothing. In fact, as a former writing teacher, I found many of the writing prompts (what they were called before there was an internet) completely cringe worthy.

No comments: