Monday, August 13, 2018

Another Maggie Monday

Loyal readers will be thrilled to know we visited Maggie yesterday. Disloyal readers will need to know that Maggie is my crazy 96 year old grandmother who I've posted about before, bringing you weekly doses of her shenanigans (click on the Maggie Monday label for more).
On this visit she posed the philosophical question, "What the hell good are you at 96? I'm lucky I can wipe my ass."
Later, we took her to the dive bar where she bartended until she was 87. She's a local celebrity there; they don't even charge her for her weekly vodka and tonic with a side of ice. This regular came up to our little group. He had just bought a house and he wanted to invite her to his house warming party. "I want you to come. You don't even have to bring anything," he says. "I guess I'll return that dining room set then," she deadpans.

Bottoms up!

14 comments:

Maggie said...

My mum is 90 in a couple of weeks, which she had your Nan's humor :-)

Ann said...

Have really missed Maggie Mondays! Glad to know she's as feisty as ever.

Berit said...

I love Maggie Mondays!

Robin in Virginia said...

Yay for a Maggie Monday even though I am reading it on a Tuesday!

Margaret said...

So good to hear news again of Maggie. What a great lady.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Good to hear that Maggie is still going strong and as sharp as ever!

Beth said...

Getting old is not for whimps and Maggie is no whimp!

Von said...

Hurray for Maggie!! Her wit continues to shine!

Marie said...

I dropped out of the blogging world but have re-entered. I must say this post had me laughing! Your grandmother is a riot. :-)

Astrids dragon said...

Love Nana stories, she would have gotten along great with mine!

diamondc said...

Anna: Congratulations on your Grandmother being almost 100 yahoo.
I bet she is a hoot.

Catherine

Daffycat said...

Yay, Maggie! I’m glad to hear she is doing well!

Julie said...

Well done to Maggie. Good to read she is well.

Anonymous said...

Every time I check to see if there is a new post, my Manic Monday ear worm returns :-(

Please help me send it away by posting a new title -- post optional! Thank you

Susan Anonymouse