Monday, May 15, 2017

Cross-Stitch Donation

Friends, I am sorry that I haven't been around to read and comment or to even answer your comments which I know is very bad form but I am having a difficult year. But enough about me...

An old friend recently lost her father, and as she goes through the things he collected in this life she is trying to find the right people for the stuff. She recently came upon a couple of boxes of cross stitch books and pamphlets. She surmises he picked them up at a yard sale, as was his habit. She doesn't want to send everything off to Goodwill, but she is hoping there is a group, perhaps one doing good works, who might be interested.  (I think she wants to handle this in bulk rather than become an ebay seller or the like.)

Please comment if you have any ideas!

I'll be back, friends, I know I will.

9 comments:

doris said...

Hi, Nikki! It's been a while, and I hope you're well. Difficult years seem to be necessary, but I'm not sure why. As my mom often quoted, "This, too, shall pass." It does, though not as quickly as we wish.

I've been told that women's shelters accept some craft items. I have no idea what's in your area, but it's an idea. Good luck finding a good home for useful items.

jhm said...

Have your friend check for local EGA chapters. The chapters often do charitable works and need supplies. Another option will be children's hospitals - not so much for the kids but for the parents who often need something to help pass the time.
I wish her the best of luck.

JHM

Julie said...

Sending a {hug} and upliftment for a year that can only get better x

Robin said...

Hello! There is Lancaster Creative Resource which is a wonderful place that artists,parents,teachers,and crafters can go to pick up very inexpensive supplies. I have dropped off craft supplies including cross stitch materials to them. They are always very appreciative! Other places would include Girl and Boy Scouts, nursing homes, and YMCA. I am very sorry that you (and your friend) are having a rough year.
Take care,
Robin

Robin in Virginia said...

Perhaps a local guild or shelter would like the materials. I am sorry for your friend's loss as well as sorry to hear you are having a rough year.

Stitchinowl said...

I am sorry to hear you are having a difficult year. Here's hoping for brighter days ahead. I agree with the other posters that a local guild might like the cross stitch patterns. For people who do stitch squares for charity quilts, they might find suitable motifs within a larger design to use. Also, many people stitch ornaments for charity.
Carolyn

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I do miss your posts so I hope things improve for purely selfish reasons! And because I care about you too, obviously.
You've had some good ideas from the other commenters. I hope something works out.

Carol said...

I do hope your year improves--I had a year like that in 2015. Tough to get through, but there is light at the end of that proverbial tunnel.

This is an organization that you may want to consider sending the items to. I have a box just about ready to send myself: http://www.paracletedesigns.com/projects.aspx

Astrids dragon said...

What a wonderful thing to donate, I hope she finds someplace that will appreciate it!
Hoping your year gets better.