Saturday, July 16, 2016

Just One July--Mary 3

I am making progress on Mary. Progress is incremental, I have to remind myself of that. If you look at Mary on July 1, I've made a lot of progress. I just get so impatient when I focus on one piece. "Isn't this thing done yet?" I ask myself over and over.

I know the world is on fire--and that's breaking my heart--but work has also been extra-stressful since there's been a major reorganization with firings and silos disappearing and demotions (well, layers being added to the org chart). My group's new admin is openly searching for jobs while she's at work in her cubicle. (I don't think our group is that bad, but whatevs.) And there's continued uncertainty because someone they clearly want to promote is out on maternity leave, so the new group she will lead hasn't been reformed. Anyway, giant shitshow. So yesterday, I came home from my half-day Friday and just stitched. Because...stitching. Today might be the same.

11 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm with you - stitch and hermit. I've got some time off work over the summer holidays. I'm going to see how long we can go without seeing anyone except the staff of the corner shop!

Linda said...

Hope things settle down at work for you Nikki. Nice progress on Mary.

Linda

KimM said...

Hope the uncertainty and stress at work gets resolved soon. In the meantime, "Keep Calm and Stitch "😃
xxx

Robin in Virginia said...

I think Mary is moving along; glad that she has stopped being contrary. Hope the unrest and uncertainty at work settles down and reduces itself.

Needle Nicely said...

It's at times like what you're going through that I read constantly. If I stitch, my mind keeps churning over the various screenplays.

doris said...

Go, Mary, go!

So sorry work is ugly. Hang in there, Nikki, and stitch for comfort.

Bea said...

The progress really is apparent, so don't get too impatient with yourself.

So sorry work sucks at the moment, but "this too will pass", so keep your head down and keep stitching. (I can be philosophical because I got to retire 10 years ago!)

Pamela said...

Nice progress. I've been in that kind of work situation before. Stitching helps!

Evelyn said...

I worked for 32 years at an excellent Forbes 500 company that periodically had reorganizations. I loved so much about the company and my coworkers, many of whom became good friends. I especially love that they still have a pension plan,believe it or not. I retired in February and something I will never ever miss is the anxiety and confusion that always accompanies reorganizations. One of the big drawbacks of corporations.

Unknown said...

I hear you. Strength through Stitching.

Justine said...

I'm also having a rough time at work. Keep stitching! Mary looks really pretty - such gorgeous soft colours.