Monday, June 27, 2016

Today we celebrate Stella's "Gotcha Day," the day--SEVEN years ago--she came to live with the dude and me. This picture is from last December. (Right now with her shaved neck, Stella would prefer no photos.) Don't be fooled; this photo documents Stella at her cuddliest

It also happens to be my dad's birthday. Later today, I'll be bringing him a blueberry cake. Blueberry cake is his favorite. My mother made it every year for his birthday until Maggie came over to help my aunt clean our house and she decided that this little stand up recipe holder that my mother had, the one with our family's most important recipes, was too dirty. So she threw it away! (She also assumed my mother didn't really cook since she wasn't much of a housecleaner.) (Not true.) Anyway, since the advent of Pinterest, I've been trying different blueberry cakes to see if we can find the old recipe.

I haven't been stitching much partly because of my parents' visit but also because some somebodies turned TWO!

And how old am I, yelling out the years as if I am completely unaware that time passes?

10 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Days to everyone! Great photo of the girls, babies no longer.

I say to my son "you'll always be baby to me" which freaks hubby out!

Bea said...

Lots of celebrating going on which sounds like fun. Cute little girls!

Monica said...

OMG they certainly aren't babies anymore! What cutie patooties! Have loads of fun!

Kristen said...

What? Those big girls can't possibly be the babies! And you've had Stella for 7 years?!
Wow!

Linda said...

The girls are adorable Nikki. Great pic of you and Stella. Happy Birthday to Dad.

Linda

Carol said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! And please eat an extra large piece of blueberry cake for me--haven't had that treat in years!!

jhm said...

Great photos. Family - what it's all about.

JMM

Robin in Virginia said...

What wonderful photos and memories! Hard to believe the girls are two!

Unknown said...

Love the girls hair, just beautiful. Two is fun! Terrible news about the blueberry cake recipe. Do hope you are able to find one that works.

Thank you for sharing

Beth said...

Cannot believe the twins are already two! Congratsvto you and Stellavand your years together.