Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thirty Days of Blogging

I made it the whole way through NaBloPoMo! Phew.

Here are the ideas* I didn't use:

  1. Share your workspace (clean your workspace first)
  2. Book reviews
  3. Look at magazine headlines and do a word swap
  4. Use one of two words from the headline as a jumping off point
  5. Rewrite the article from your own perspective
  6. My favorite present I've ever received
  7. 10 things I believe
  8. A Room with a View
  9. If you had one whimsical or fantastical wish, what would it be?
  10. What do your family and friends think of your blogging?
  11. Christmas decorations make me ______
  12. What is one thing you do very well that you don't get credit for?
  13. What were you doing on this day 10 years ago?
  14. Since blogging do you find you have real life friends and blogging friends?
  15. Are your blogging friends different that real life friends? How?
  16. A craft/hobby/interest you wish you were good at
  17. What's on your bucket list?
  18. Take us on a tour of your home; what are your favorite spots and corners? What's hiding behind those closet doors?
  19. Why did you start blogging?
  20. Respond to a snarky email or comment
  21. A post (with pictures) describing the worst style you've ever had
  22. A blog how to: describe a technical problem you've had with your blog and how you solved it
  23. The weirdest thing you like to eat
  24. A list of the strangest foods in your kitchen
  25. What's the worst date you've ever been on?
  26. Are we saying what we really mean in the blog world or are we all just being too nice
  27. Find a blog twin--someone you follow who is either like you were when younger OR how you hope to be when older--write about each other
  28. Your favorite smell
  29. You should have listened to me---
  30. Your worst interview
  31. The one thing you use most in your house
  32. The essential guide to throwing a great party
  33. uses for the safety pin
  34. Something you excel at
  35. Seven things you can do on this weekend on the spur of the moment
  36. Scrapbooking
  37. Make a new recipe each week 
  38. Try making a recipe from *Mastering the Art of French Cooking*
  39. How has time and experience changed your perspective on a project
  40. Favorite holiday and why
  41. What do you love most about yourself?
  42. If you got a movie deal based on your blog, who would star in it?
  43. What gets you out of bed in the morning
  44. What do you enjoy most about your life?
  45. If the books on your nightstand could talk, what would they say?
  46. Name 10 creative ways to pass the time in the carpool lane
  47. Why is that in my purse
  48. My biggest pet peeve
  49. Overheard: 
  50. When I feel frustrated, I: 
  51. Are you where you thought you would be in life?
  52. Reality shows featuring crafters (I racked my brains all month and came up with nothing! I really wanted to do this one.) :(
  53. Recreate an outfit from a childhood photo
  54. Organize a swap and show your loot
  55. Post your recent Twitter or Instagram favorites
  56. Show off your all time favorite thrift store score
  57. Make a list of tips for new bloggers
  58. Interview a fellow blogger
  59. Actually do that popular DIY from Pinterest
  60. Share your opinion on a recent trend
  61. Give your readers a tour of your city
  62. What's in your bag (I've done this one before.)
  63. Review a recent purchase
  64. Show us your busy schedule
  65. Give us a dose of your favorite wedding photos from Pinterest (you know who should do this? Lee.)
  66. Share your recent vacation pictures
  67. Answer some recent comments
  68. Create a how-to post (I've got two of those I still haven't done; sigh)
  69. Take a look at what you wrote this time last year, can you expand on it?
  70. How are you getting organized this year? 
  71. Write 25 Common sense things people should know.
As I went through this list, I found duplicates. I also found a few that are too good to give away. Yup, I'm holding out on you! At least until next November!

I culled the ideas from all over the internet, but these 600 from Kludgy Mom are pretty comprehensive (if not repetitive). 

8 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

Congratulations! Now, can you keep that momentum going?

Pamela said...

Why wait until next November? I've enjoyed your posts.

Margaret said...

Congratulations! It was fun reading along! (I can't believe tomorrow is December 1....)

Robin in Virginia said...

Way to go! I enjoyed reading your posts although I didn't always leave a comment.

Robin in Virginia

Thoeria said...

Yikes! That's quite an achievement....blogging every single day! And making it interesting and entertaining as well!

Needle Nicely said...

Really enjoyed reading your 30 entries. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Way to go!

I did zero blogging the month of November. :/

Beth W said...

Good ideas! And now you're all set for not just next November but all year long. Yay!